- 1705 W. Missouri
Midland, TX 79701
- Official Website
- Museums, Shopping
- Shopping Category
- Arts Galleries / Sales
The Museum of the Southwest is comprised of the Juliette and Fred Turner, Jr. Memorial Gallery; a sculpture garden, the Fredda Turner Durham Children’s Museum; and the Marian Blakemore Planetarium. The Museum of the Southwest inspires discovery, interaction and exploration of art, science, culture and history, enriching the lives of people of all ages. The museum uses the power of these disciplines to ignite the imagination, stimulate thought and provide enjoyment through its collections, exhibitions, programs and events. The Museum of the Southwest hosts two major events every year: SeptemberFest, an annual juried art show the weekend following Labor Day, and Christmas at the Mansion throughout the month of December.
Also visit the Fredda Turner Durham Children’s Museum and Marian Blakemore Planetarium next to the Museum.
Meeting Space Details
F/B Options: Outside catering.
Teleconferencing capabilities. Full facility rental available (closed to public) and includes Classroom, Permanent Exhibit area, Theater, and entrance porch & east grounds.
- Motorcoach Parking
- A/V Equipment Available
- Contact for Meeting Space
- Andrew Kerr
- Email for Meeting Space
- Email for Info
Upcoming Events << Prev View All Next >>
- Dec05Sounds of the Season Sounds of the Season
- Dec08Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Mannheim Steamroller Christmas
- Dec12Lighted Parade Lighted Parade
- Dec12The Nutcracker The Nutcracker
- Dec13The Nutcracker The Nutcracker
- Dec17Robert Earl Keen’s Christmas from The Fam-O-Lee Robert Earl Keen’s Christmas from The Fam-O-Lee
- Dec29Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker
- Jan16Wild Kratts Live! Wild Kratts Live!
- Jan25The Oak Ridge Boys The Oak Ridge Boys
- Jan31Cristiani's Jewlers Presents Annie Cristiani's Jewlers Presents Annie